Taking a BITE out of Pop Culture!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

MEET YOUR ZVS HOSTS Playlist #1: DJ Monkey Spunk

Over the next few weeks I will be posting playlists made by our terrific hosts for you to get to know them better through their choice in music. Please enjoy what they have to say through song and head over to iTunes and buy the whole playlist. I also asked each member to share a few words on why they picked certain songs to let you in on their style.

This week meet...DJ Monkey Spunk

  1. Fitz and the Tantrums - Money Grabber. I picked this song because I just found out about this band and they are AWESOME! Like a total modern day motown sound
  2. Band of Skulls - Light of the Morning
  3. Black Keys - Have Love will Travel I picked this song because it is wicked sexy and makes me wanna screw. Oh, and it's my favorite band
  4. Black Keys - She's Long Gone.
  5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Berlin
  6. Black rebel Motorcycle Club - Sympathetic Noose.
  7. Blakroc - Aint Nothing Like You
  8. John Spencer Blues Explosion - Chowder
  9. Bouncing Souls - Fight to Live
  10. The Brian Jonestown Massacre - Straight up and down.
  11. Brimstone Howl - A Million Years I Picked this song because this band is awesome and they have such a cool garage band/punk/dirty rock sound.
  12. Dan Auerbach - Goin Home.   I picked this song because I think it's absolutely beautiful. A perfect work of music by one of the greatest modern musicians.
  13. White Rabbits - Percussion Gun.
  14. Dropkick Murphys - The Warriors Code I picked this one because it's a song about one of my favorite boxers of all time. Mickey Ward.
  15. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home
  16. Fitz and the Tantrums - L.O.V.
  17. Flogging Molly - Within a Mile of Home.
  18. The Fratellis - The Gutterati.
  19. Heavy - How You Like Me Now
  20. Iggy and the Stooges - Gimmie Danger.
  21. Mr. Airplane Man - Wait For Your Love
  22. The Pixies - Where is my Mind.
  23. Social Distortion - Don't Take me for Granted.

Thank you DJ MONKEY SPUNK for the fine list. If you have questions or comments on this playlist please tweet him at @djmonkeyspunk

No comments:

Post a Comment